Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday, 21 Nov. 2009

Dad's awake and doing well. Mom mentioned a convoluted a couple of conversations Dad had today, though he still has feeding and breathing tubes down his throat. The doctors did mention the tubes might come out tomorrow, though.

The doctor couldn't lip read, but Mom translated for him. Dad wanted to know when he could go home. The doctor said something like, "Maybe in two weeks." Wow, but we'll see.

Mom also mentioned that Dad doesn't like the doctor. When she asked, "Because he won't let you go home?" Dad nodded his agreement.

But Dad got to sit up in a chair for an hour and a half; hour and half, that's great. It's the most he's done in nearly a month. Mom says the doctor's are mostly concerned about his bed sores than about anything else. I asked about his lungs, but I guess we won't know until we take the tubes out tomorrow.

Dr. Wang had half expected Dad to need a pace maker, but when they took the temporary one out, Dad's heart worked fine on its own; its HR was in the high sixties and seventies, which shocked the doctor somewhat. I'm thinking they'll do the same tomorrow with his lungs, test to see how well he breaths on his own.

I think that's all for today. Tomorrow I'll be going to see Dad myself, so it probably won't be 'til late or the next day that I post something. There's no internet down there. *tear* I know.... ^-^

- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Badge

Followers